Friday, January 16, 2015

Baby Fairy Ladybug Card

Happy Friday everyone :-D

It´s time for new challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog.

Theme for this fortnight is #109, Feen + Prinzessinen / Fairy +Princess.

This time our lucky winner will win a lovely silicone mold from our dear sponsor WOW Embossing Powders
http://www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk/

Baby Fairy Ladybug Card is my project for this challenge, sixth project as a Guest Designer at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog
 

I called it Baby Fairy Ladybug Card as a lovely Mo´s Manning digital stamp 'Baby Fairy Ladybug' I used. This is my new stamp I bought few days ago.
I colored image with colored and aquarell colored pencils and red fine liner. I made shade beneath fairy with black colored pencil dust. I added some transparent varnish on her dots and antenna, as well on her wings. I also sprinkled red fine glitter on her wings. 

Little glossy dots in corners are made with hole punchers and transparent extra glossy varnish. This is a great way to embellish card when you don´t have enamel dots or something similar.  
Here is a short step by step tutorial:
  1. choose the color of bottom layer; this will be the color of glossy dots
  2. punch holes (or any other shape) on upper layer 
  3. glue upper layer on the bottom layer 
  4. fill punched holes with transparent varnish or similar medium and leave it to dry
Every glossy dot can be different color. Place small piece of scrap paper below upper layer and fill holes with transparent varnish or similar medium. Here you can see how I did glossy dots in different colors.

Card dimensions are 105 mm x 148 mm (4 1/8" x 5 7/8").

List of supplies: 
  • Mo´s Manning digital stamp 'Baby Fairy Ladybug'
  • Crafters Companion Bebunni Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Paper Pad
  • Graphic 45 paper collection 'French Country', 6 x 6 (Patterns and Solids)
  • white cardstock paper
  • red textured cardstock paper 
  • black cardstock paper  
  • white paper (160 grams) 
  • colored pencils (skin color, pink, brown)
  • white pencil
  • Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencil (red 7, brown 32, black 36)
  • Koh-i-noor universal white pencil for writing on gloss surfaces
  • red fine liner 
  • red fine glitter
  • double sided strong adhesive tape 
  • UHU universal glue 
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss 
  • printer 
  • scoring board 
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • hole punchers (3 sizes)
  • hammer 
  • plank board  
  • pencil sharpener  
  • eraser  
  • crafting needle 

Hop over at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and see beautiful projects the Design Team and other Guest Designers made for this challenge and do join us, we are looking forward to see your projects. :-D


I am entering my project into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenges home page. 

1) djkardkreations, NBUS (never before used schtuff) #3 - Anything Goes
My NBUS is a new stamp 'Baby Fairy Ladybug'.
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 
http://www.djkardkreations.com/p/prior-nbus-challenges.html

2) Mo´s Challenge Blog, Anything Goes
http://mosdigitalchallenge.blogspot.com/

3) SugarPea Designs, SPD12 - Anything Goes
http://sugarpeadesigns.com/blog/2014/12/17/spd12-anything-goes/
http://sugarpeadesigns.com/blog/

Thank you for stopping by and your kind  feedback. Enjoy and smile :-D


Crafty Milka


Update, January 29th 2015
As a member at Bronte and Bella´s Clubhouse, I entered this project to Bronte and Bella´s SHOWCASE January Challenge, as one of my projects using Mo´s image I made this month. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mosclub/

4 comments:

  1. Such a cute card. Love the glossy lady bird dots.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fairy lady bug card is just adorable, Milka! I love how you did the pattern blocking background and your coloring is wonderful! Thank you so much for the information and link about doing our own enamel dots! What a sensational idea!! Thank you so much for entering my NBUS Challenge #3 again!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joj, slatka ti je! :) Super su mi papiri...

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...