Sunday, January 25, 2015

Chinese New Year Card

Hi everyone :-D 

Yesterday I made this Chinese New Year Card. I was inspired with Chinese Lanterns (love them) and colors traditional in Chinese culture.


I used gorgeous free digital stamp 'Lanterns' from Avery Elle
http://www.averyelle.com/ 
Image is paper pieced
First I printed the image and sentiment on a golden paper
Then I printed two more images (only lanterns, to save paper and printer color), one on the golden paper and second on a red textured cardstock paper. 
I cut out red lanterns, colored edges with black fine liners and glued them over lanterns printed on golden paper.
At the end, I cut out few lantern stripes printed on the golden paper and glued them on the image.

Card dimensions are 139 mm x 101 mm (5 1/2" x 4").

List of supplies:
  • Avery Elle digital freebie 'Lanterns' 
  • black cardstock paper
  • red textured cardstock paper
  • golden paper (130 grams) 
  • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen F (fine) 0.6 mm
  • UHU universal glu
  • white water based glue 
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) AEIHeartU Challenge, Challenge #20 - Paper Piecing
http://aeiheartuchallenge.blogspot.ca/2015/01/challenge-20paper-piecing.html 
http://aeiheartuchallenge.blogspot.ca/

2) Hiding in My Craft Room, HIMCR #184 - Any Holiday! 
http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/

3) Penny´s Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog, Challenge 211 - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Stop by later today, I´ll be posting again. Enjoy :-D 


Crafty Milka

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Milka. I visited China last year and your card reminds me of my trip :-) I love the red and golden color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, lovely design and colours. Thanks for joining our challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty and hood luck in the draw Jennifer DT member

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful creation. Wonderful colours and design. Thank you for joining us this time at Penny's Paper-Crafty and good luck - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card, love the lanterns you have used and your use of colour too!!
    Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
    Cheers Jennie DTM
    Jenscrapstoo

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...