Friday, January 2, 2015

Snow Fairy Christmas Ornament

Happy Friday everyone :-D

It´s time for new challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog, our first one this year. :-D

Theme for this fortnight is #108,  Schnee / Snow.

This time our lucky winner will win a fabulous prize again. It´s a lovely cling stamp from our dear sponsor Betty´s Creation.
 
http://bettys-creations.blogspot.co.at/

Snow Fairy Christmas Ornament is my project for this challenge, fifth project as a Guest Designer at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and my first one this year. 


List of supplies: 
  • Mo´s Manning digital stamp 'Winter Fairy Talva'
  • Crafters Companion Bebunni Christmas 6" x 6" Designer Paper Pad
  • white paper (160 grams) 
  • colored pencils (skin color, pink, light blue)
  • Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencil (light and dark blue) 
  • Koh-i-noor universal white pencil for writing on gloss surfaces
  • silver sparkling pen  
  • black fine liner 0.5
  • clear acrylic fillable ball ornament (Ø 40 mm) 
  • baby blue satin ribbon 
  • white flower
  • synthetic snowballs (Ø 10 mm)
  • nylon thread 
  • UHU universal glue 
  • white water based glue  
  • transparent low temperature glue stick 
  • Marabu acrylic paste (Fine Sand)
  • pearl maker (pastel-white) 
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss 
  • printer 
  • scissors 
  • pencil sharpener  
  • eraser  
  • Dremel 920 glue gun, low temperature 
  • crafting needle 
  • palette knife no.1  

How I made this one /step by step

First I printed one image on white paper and one image on patterned paper.
  • paper piecing 
  • images must be same size
  • you can print more images and make more layers 
  • I made circle around the image in MS Word, but you can use any other tool to make circle 
  • circle size on patterned paper is Ø 37 mm, 3 mm smaller than Ø of acrylic ball ornament (I made three more Christmas Ornaments in December 2014 and used same measurements for all: Ø of patterned paper circle is 3 mm smaller than Ø of acrylic ball ornament

Then I cut out image on patterned paper and colored pieces I needed.

I colored image printed on white paper and fussy cut it. I used two different pairs of scissors. 

I colored edges with fine liner and added white water based glue on the backside of the image. I smeared glue with my fingers all over the backside of the image and glued it over image on the patterned paper. I always do these when paper piecing.

On photos below, you can see the difference between images, before and after coloring edges with black fine liner. I also added silver sparkles.

Ornament is double sided. I cut out circle from the same patterned paper I used for the image.

Then I added  acrylic paste to create snow effect.
 
I added pearl marker to a fairy´s wings to accent icicles, smeared it over a dry acrylic paste to create glossy accents, as well over the patterned paper to accent snowflakes. 

After drying, I added some transparent varnish to a fairy´s wings.

I decorated the other side of the image with pearl maker and plastic snowflake.

I placed image in the center of a clear acrylic ornament and added some glue on few spots, to prevent image moving inside the ornament.

After closing ornament ball, I glued satin ribbon around it, to hide ornament´s connection and to prevent ornament opening.

At the end, I embellished ornament with white flower ans synthetic snowballs and added nylon thread.

Look how the image glows on the Sun. :-D 

And a short video. :-D
(incompetech.com)
Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0

The Design Team and other Guest Designers made beautiful projects for this challenge. Hop over at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and see what Ladies made. Join us in this challenge, we are looking forward to see your projects. :-D


I am entering my project into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenges home page. 

1) Love to Create Challenge Blog, Challenge #147 - Icy Winter Days
http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.com/

2) The ABC Challenge, A is for Anything Goes
http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com/

3) Meljen´s Designs Design Team and Challenge Blog, Challenge #241 - Anything Goes
http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.com/

4) Cute Card Thursday, Challenge #354 - Anything Goes
http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/

5) CRAFT-alnica, Izziv #124, Karkoli (Challenge #124, Anything Goes)
http://craft-alnica.blogspot.com/

Thank you for stopping by and your kind  feedback. Enjoy and smile :-D


Crafty Milka


Update, January 29th 2015
As a member at Bronte and Bella´s Clubhouse, I entered this project to Bronte and Bella´s SHOWCASE January Challenge, as one of my projects using Mo´s image I made this month. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/mosclub/

6 comments:

  1. Beautifully coloured image in your Christmas bauble. I love the image you've chosen for it. Thanks for joining us on ABC Challenge
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoW Krasno bunkico si naredila! Zelo mi je všeč motiv, ki si ga lepo pobarvala.
    Hvala, ker se igraš z nama v zadnjem 2014 izzivu CRAFT-alnice ... Srečno!
    Pozdravček na Hrvaško :-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous coloring with this sweet image. Love the Christmas bauble with her. Thank you so much for joining us at Love to Create Challenge.
    Hugs'
    Jackie ~ LTC owner

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krasna bunkica in krasno izbran pobarvan in dodelan motiv, ki jo krasi. Hvala za podrobna navodila kako izdelati tako čudovit okrasek za praznične dni.
    Hvala, da si se nama pridružila v zadnjem izzivu Craft-alnice v leti 2014. Srečno in zdravo novo leto tebi in tvojim najdražjim.Pozdravček Lili

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fairytale world locked in a small bauble. Everybody should have the own little dream world where he could go to relax. The beautiful bauble.
    Thanks for the tutorial. Very instructive.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful ornament! Love all of the texture you created!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Meljen’s Designs for our Anything Goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...