Sunday, January 11, 2015

Snowman Reaching for the Stars Card

Hello everyone :-D  

I just finished this Snowman Reaching for the Stars Card



For my card layout I used a beautiful sketch092 with a twist from {heart} sketches by Imke Ludvig and rotated it a bit. Twist was to use textured paper. There was also an inspirational color board, but I didn´t use it. 
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2015/01/05/i-heart-card-sketches-w-a-twist-no-92/ 

Card dimensions are 98 mm x 143 mm (3 7/8" x 5 5/8").

I used From the Heart Stamps 'Reach for the Stars Snowman' digital stamp set, which includes lovely image and three sentiments. I like this snowman a lot! :-D

Image is paper pieced and it has two layers. I printed one image on white paper, colored it, fussy cut it, colored edges and layered it over the other image printed on textured paper.


At the end I added  acrylic paste underneath snowman to create snow effect. After the paste was dry, I smeared pearl maker over it to create glossy accents.

List of supplies:
  • From the Heart Stamps 'Reach for the Stars Snowman' 
  • Florence cardstock paper, Canvas Texture (dark and light grey) 
  • white paper 160 grams 
  • colored pencils (light and dark grey) 
  • white pencil
  • Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencils (yellow 3, orange 5, light blue 18, dark blue 19) 
  • Koh-i-noor universal white pencil for writing on gloss surfaces
  • pencil
  • black fine liner 0.5 
  • silver sparkling pen 
  • Marabu acrylic paste (Fine Sand)
  • pearl maker (pastel-white) 
  • double sided strong adhesive tape 
  • white water based glue 
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • ruler
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • palette knife no.4

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

2) Clear it Out Challenge Blog, Theme: Anything Goes, Stash: Anything Goes
http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.com/

3) Crafting by Designs, January Challenge - Anything Goes
http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.com/

4) Penny´s Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog, Challenge 209 - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy the rest of Sunday. :-D 


Crafty Milka 

3 comments:

  1. Totally LOVE your card, Milka ! The white paper pieced snowman on kraft looks adorable !!

    Great take also with our Sketch with a tWiSt this week @ From the Heart Stamps !! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THAT TEXTURE!! This awesome!! The colors are great - I love that bright blue and the Kraft! Thanks for joining the challenges at From the Heart Stamps!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful! Having the darker background really makes this sweet snowman pop!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...