Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wonky Christmas Tree Card (Crafty Creations Challenges #281)

Hi everyone :-D 

It´s time for a new challenge at Crafty Creations Challenges.
http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.com/

Our theme for this fortnight is #281 - Something Old, Something New.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Fresh Brewed Designs and they are giving an awesome prize to our random winner.
http://freshbreweddesigns.com/

For this challenge I made this Wonky Christmas Tree Card, using our sponsor´s image Fresh Brewed Designs 'Wonky Christmas Tree'.

http://www.freshbreweddesigns.com/item_538/Wonky-Christmas-Tree.htm

New: image (Fresh Brewed Designs 'Wonky Christmas Tree')
Old: cardstock paper, aquarell colored pencils, digital paper, transparent varnish (I have this bottle almost 5 years), dimensional foam

The image is paper pieced. I printed 5 images on a white paper, colored parts I needed with my aquarell colored pencils and an universal white pencil for writing on gloss surfaces, fussy cut all pieces, colored edges with a black marker and glued all pieces together. I placed small pieces of dimensional foam under every layer, but only on edges, to pop up layers of this fun tree. I printed one more image on a white cardstock paper (I removed a trunk and pot from original image) and placed pieced tree over it.
At the end I added a transparent varnish on yellow dots and purple stripes to create glossy accents.

Card dimensions are 105 mm x 148 mm (4 1/8" x 5 7/8").

List of supplies:
  • Fresh Brewed Designs 'Wonky Christmas Tree'
  • Gingham Prints yellow and lavender from Little Llama Shoppe (these were free gift in July 2014) 
  • dark green cardstock paper 
  • white cardstock paper 
  • white paper (160 grams) 
  • Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencils (yellow 3, purple 13, light green 25) 
  • Koh-i-noor universal white pencil for writing on gloss surfaces
  • black fine liner 0.5 mm 
  • black marker 
  • double sided strong adhesive tap
  • white water based glue 
  • dimensional double sided adhesive foam 
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss
  • printer
  • scoring board
  • trimmer 
  • scissors 
  • crafting needle 

Stop by the Crafty Creations Challenges to see gorgeous creations from other Design Team Members and join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :-D



I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenges home page. 

1) Dream Valley Challenges, #98 - Anything Goes
http://dreamvalleychallenges.blogspot.com/

2) Hiding in My Craft Room, HIMCR #183 - Color it! 
http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/

3) Through The Craft Room, TTCRD Challenge from January 20th to January 26th, Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile :-D 


Crafty Milka

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love this. The colors are gorgeous together. Great idea! Thank you for sharing with us at Dream Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 3D tree and the coloring is fabulous. Really nice card Milka. Thank you for playing along with us at Through The Craft Room Door and we hope to see you again soon.

    Hugs,
    Asmah
    [TTCRD DT Member]
    [Qinaahana Arts And Crafts ~ My Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute. I love the 3d tree and that's a great colour combo.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card :) Thanks for joining us Dream Valley Challenge

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...