Friday, August 21, 2015

Science Note Holder (KBD Aloha Friday Challenge #54 Mid Inspiration)

http://kittybeedesigns.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone :-D 

Today I'm posting my mid-inspiration project for ongoing Aloha Friday Challenge at Kitty Bee Designs.

The challenge for this fortnight is #54 - School.

Our sponsor for this challenge is Bugaboo Digi Stamps, with an awesome prize for our random winner: 7 digital images of winner's choice.
http://www.bugaboostamps.com/


For this challenge I made a magnetic Science Note Holder, using our sponsor's lovely image 'Bugaboo Brat School - Ruler Boy'.


Image is paper pieced and it has three layers.

I printed two images on a white 120 grams paper. I colored the skin (face, neck and hands) with colored pencils and and blended colors using dry paper stump. The rest of the image (hair, clothes and shoes) I colored in watercoloroing technique using Distress Inks fine paint brush and water.
TIP: When watercoloring image printed on printer, try to avoid black lines to prevent printer ink smearing. 

After drying, I fussy cut images and colored edges with black pen.
TIP: When fussy cutting, first cut away large pieces of paper and then cut on the lines. Rotate paper, it will be much easier to cut around tiny details. Color edges of fussy cut image with black pen or marker. This way you'll hide white edges and any white space you didn't cut off and your paper pieced image will look much better. 

Then I printed the third image on a white cardstock paper and glued fussy cut parts over it. Again, I fussy cut whole image, leaving white border, because I wanted to create a pocket on my project.

I made simple note holder from the cardstock paper, glued digital design paper panel on it, created pocket with the fussy cut image, decorated it with printed sentiment, enamel arrows and paper clip. At the end I glued 6 magnets on the back of the note holder.


Note Holder dimensions are 103 mm x 167 mm.

List of supplies:

Stop by the Kitty Bee Designs blog and check out lovely projects my Design Team mates created. And don´t forget to join us in this challenge. We are looking forward to see your projects. :-D



I am entering my project to following challenges:
Note: bold text and challenge badge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenge home page.

1) Clear it Out Challenge Blog, Theme: Holiday - Back to School, Stash: Office Supplies 

2) Crafting By Designs, August Anything Goes Challenge
This is my 2nd entry to this challenge. 

3) Craft Your Passion Challenges, Challenge #275 - Always Anything Goes
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.in/

4) Cute Card Thursday, Challenge 387 - Back to School

5) Hiding in My Craft Room, HIMCR #212b - Back to School
http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/

6) Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge, Challenge #16 - Anything Goes
http://lilpatchofcraftyfriends.blogspot.com/

7) Little Miss Muffet Challenges, Challenge #118 - Anything Goes

8) Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge, Back to School
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/


Thank you so much for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :-D


Crafty Milka

4 comments:

  1. Very nice project a great idea. Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
    Rose x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project!! Thanks for joining the challenge @ HIMCR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Milka, a lovely design and super papers - your image is just delightful and I love the details, especially the Periodic Table!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so perfect for the science theme! Love your choice of elements here! TFS with us at Craft Your Passion#275. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...