Saturday, July 1, 2017

Karate Yellow Belt Card

Hi everyone! :o)

Today I want to share with you this Karate Yellow Belt Card.


I made this card for my niece Tea (6), who trains Karate three years. On May 25th 2017, she had her first Karate testing to earn a Yellow Belt. She earned it!! :o)

"Earning a yellow belt in karate signifies that you are not a novice and that you have demonstrated basic knowledge in karate. The standard belt color progression is white -- beginners, yellow, green, brown and black. Some karate schools include orange and blue belts. A yellow belt represents 50 to 75 hours of classwork and three to five months of training. Yellow-belt students are familiar with the etiquette and procedures of the dojo -- training school, and their movements are losing the awkwardness of raw beginners. In some dojos, beginners start sparring at yellow belt."
Source: How to Get a Yellow Belt in Karate (livestrong.com)

Tea earned Yellow Karate Belt

To make this card I used a super cute Mama Elephant 'Tiny Ninjas' stamp set. LOVE!!! :o)

I stamped ninjas on a watercolor paper panel and watercolored them using Distress Inks. After drying, I glued the panel on a white top folded card base.

I heat embossed a sentiment in white on a black cardstock paper stripe and trimmed the stripe to get desirable size. I glued the sentiment on a slightly larger white cardstock paper piece, added 3-D foams on the back and glued the sentiment on the card.


Dimensions of card: 89 mm x 121 mm (3 1/2" x 4 3/4")
List of supplies:
  • Mama Elephant 'Tiny Ninjas' stamp set
    • white cardstock paper
    • black cardstock paper
    • watercolor paper, thin
    • Ranger's Archival Ink (Jet Black)
    • Tsukineko VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
    • WOW! Embossing Powder (Opaque Bright White, Regular, WL01R)
    • Tim Holtz's Distress Inks:
      • Tea Dye
      • Mustard Seed
      • Iced Spruce
    • Staedtler Lumocolor permanent black pen S (superfine) 0.4 mm
    • UHU universal glue
    • 3-D square foams, 2 mm thick
    • acrylic block (102 mm x 102 mm)
    • Fiskars High Precision Personal Paper Trimmer
    • bone folder
    • scissors
    • tweezers
    • Marabu rounded fine paint brush no. #0
    • Ranger Heat It Craft Tool
    • water
    • paper towels
    • powder bag
    • dry cloth



    I'm linking my card to following challenges:
    Note: bold text and challengbadge (if any) are direct links to the current challenge and blog badge (if any) is a direct link to blog or challenge home page.

    1) Happy Little Stampers, Watercolour Challenge, July 2017, Anything Goes
    This is my 1st entry to this challenge.

    2) Simon Says Wednesday Challenge, Anything Goes
    This is my 5th entry to this challenge.


    Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy and smile! :o)


    Milka

    2 comments:

    1. What an awesome and cool card! I love it! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Very sweet and cool card for your niece. I bet she loved it !

      ReplyDelete

    PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

    Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

    Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

    Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

    Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

    Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...