Friday, November 7, 2014

Baby Dragon Easel Calendar

Hello everyone :-D

Today I am posting my first project as Guest Designer at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog.

New challenge for this fortnight is #104 Uhren + Kalender / Calendars and Clocks.
Challenge is to make a calendar or a clock, or to use any image in your project that has a calendar or a clock on it. 

This time the prize for one lucky winner is this lovely clear stamps set.

Sounds fun, right. Come and play along at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog and show us your lovely projects. There are also beautiful projects made by talented Design Team and other Guest Designers.

For this challenge, I made this Baby Dragon Easel Calendar.


 Image I used is Meljen's Designs 'Little Baby Dragon'.

Image on calendar is paper pieced and for this one I needed 7 same images. I printed all images on white card stock paper, colored them with my colored and aquarell pencils, fussy cut images and parts I needed, colored edges with permanent marker and pieced all elements together. I added some transparent glossy varnish to create glossy accents. Here are photos of all layers (sorry for the poor quality of photos; it was very late when I took them). 
 

Here are close up photos of finished image. 

Calendar dimensions are 14 cm x 14 cm (5 1/2" x 5 1/2")This is the first time I made easel calendar (well, easel anything) and I used great photo tutorial Kalendarkarte - calendar card from Stempeleinmaleins. I like this a lot. Here is a photo of closed up calendar. 

I made monthly calendar using MS Word. After printing, I cut out same sized rectangles and glued them together on top. 

List of supplies:
  • Meljen's Designs 'Little Baby Dragon'
  • Hearts & Circles patterned paper from digital paper collection Baby Boy Patterned Prints
  • Aerofoil free font from DaFont
  • dark blue card stock paper 
  • white card stock paper
  • white printer paper (one piece A4 paper, 80 grams) 
  • colored pencils (yellow, orange, blue, pink) 
  • Koh-i-noor Mondeluz aquarell colored pencils (yellow, orange, blue)
  • white pencil 
  • black fine liner 0.5
  • black permanent marker 
  • universal glue
  • white water based glue
  • double sided self-adhesive tape 
  • transparent varnish with extra gloss
  • printer 
  • scoring board
  • trimmer
  • scissors  
  • brush
  • crafting needle
  • Freckled Fawn Enamel Dew Drop Stickers
  • flower embellishment 

I hope you like my project. If you have any questions about it, don´t hesitate to ask me. Don´t forget to join our challenge at Fairy Tale Challenge Blog. You have 2 weeks to enter your project in current challenge. :-D


I am entering my project into the following challenges:
Note: bold text is direct link to current challenge and blog badge is direct link to blog or challenges home page. 

1) The Corrosive Challenge Blog, Challenge #211 - Magical
http://corrosivechallengesbyjanet.blogspot.com/

2) Not Just Cards Challenge Blog, Challenge #5 - Anything Goes 
http://notjustcardschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

3) Crafting by Designs, November Anything Goes 
http://craftingbydesigns.blogspot.com/

 4) Papertake Weekly Challenge, Anything Goes 
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/


Thank you for stopping by and your kind feedback. Enjoy your weekend :-D 


Crafty Milka

3 comments:

  1. Bravo Milkas! Ovo izgleda sve bolje i bolje!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dragon calendar is to terrific, Milka! You've done a great job on the step-by-step instructions! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joj kako je prisrčen tale zmajček prav za pocrkljat :)
    Super koledar si naredila.
    Lp Danica

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE READ BEFORE LEAVING YOUR COMMENT.

Thank you so much for taking time to comment on my blog posts! I read and appreciate it.

Those leaving a comment on this blog do so in the knowledge that their name, link to their profile or blog, as well as comments they leave are visible to all those who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.

Blogger itself provides options to all users and commentators to delete comments they left on any blog. This blog is no exception. If you wish to delete your published comment or more of them from my blog, you are free to do so. If any technical difficulty occurs, you should contact Blogger or Google to solve these problems.

Read my full Data Protection and Privacy Policy Statement .

Due to a lot of Spam in comments (disturbing content), I switched on comment moderation. None disturbing, violent and offensive comments will be approved by me and published on my blog. It will be deleted immediately. Commentators leaving disturbing comments on my blog will be blocked and reported to the Blogger.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...